How reducing your emission footprint can grow your business
This afternoon event, hosted by the Clean Energy Manufacturing initiative, helps manufacturing companies find the real green (money!) in greener factory activities. Beyond the global benefits of reduced emissions, waste and energy consumptions, manufacturers can access programs with billions of available dollars to upgrade your business and sell to new customers. The Greener Factories Forum will share the best regional and national resources to help local companies successfully navigate this transition to cleaner manufacturing processes.
Attendees in person will receive an advanced copy of the Greener Factories – Starter’s Workbook and a Clean Energy Manufacturing water bottle.
Virtual attendees will receive a Zoom link to watch the conference live.
- 1:00 – 1:15 Welcome & Overview Clean Energy Manufacturing Project, Catalyst Connection
- 1:15 – 1:45 Opening Keynote: Drive to the Net Zero Economy: Balancing Emission Reduction Efforts with Business Growth
This session will highlight regional efforts toward a net zero economy with a focus on goals, initiatives, and the path forward.
- 1:45 – 2:15 Vendor Supplier Sustainability Commitment Programs
Requirements for ESG compliance are being led by larger manufacturers through their supply chain suppliers. Learn the key commitment programs and the assistance available to satisfy them.
- 2:15–2:45 Financing Your Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Renovation costs may seem cost prohibitive. But there are options. This session will provide information on low interest loans, grants and other innovative programs that can make your goals a reality.
- 2:45 – 3:30 Affordable Energy Efficiency Upgrades, 3R Sustainability
This session will explore where companies can see immediate impact on their business’ bottom line and energy usage with minimal investment.
- 3:30 – 4:00 Taking Stock: Energy Audits & Assessments, Bhaskaran Gopalakrishnan, Ph.D., P.E., C.E.M., LEED Green Associate, Professor and Director of the Industrial Assessment Center at WVU
This session will walk through what is involved with an assessment from the Industrial Assessment Center at WVU and feedback from a manufacturer who has recently gone through this process.
- 4:00 Closing Remarks